Sunday, October 01, 2006

Bummed ( Part III )

I stopped by the Apple store in Palo Alto Saturday afternoon.  I was hoping to get some details on the progress of the repairs to my new machine.  Instead, I got stonewalled.

The only answer anyone in the store would give was, "We'll call you when it's ready."

I asked if all the parts had arrived, if there was any update to the estimate (Oct 5 -- 10 working days), if there was any additional information at all that they could give me.  The response: "We'll call you when it's ready."

That's really unsatisfying.  Maybe I can talk to someone at work about changing that policy.

When someone brings their new machine back to the store and is told that the repairs can take as long as 2 weeks, we should have more to offer them than "We'll call you when it's ready."  Especially in the era of overnight delivery, 2 weeks seems like a ridiculous amount of time to ask someone to wait.

-- to be continued --

No comments: