Wednesday, July 20, 2005

iTunes Compatible Cell Phone Monday?

This article from AppleInsider indicates that the long-awaited iTunes compatible cell phone might be announced at a special event Monday.

I've become fascinated with this idea.  Because I now carry my phone and my iPod Shuffle with me everyday, I am interested in a phone that would be able to do both.

Until I got the Shuffle, I wasn't interested in listening to MP3s via my cell phone, but now ... after realizing that I like loading short custom playlists onto my Shuffle ... the idea of a phone with 512MB of RAM for MP3s is quite intriguing.  I wouldn't want to have to load the MP3s manually, though.  ( I could do that with existing phones. )  After giving it some thought, I need iTunes integration to make the idea really compelling.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Survey says: Nope! Maybe next Monday.

Mike said...

The Motorola E1000 phone looks a helluva lot like the mockups of the iTunes phone.  I was hoping that was "the one".